Saturday, January 17, 2009

options for git on Amazon S3

Here's the options for backing up git on S3 as I see them now:

  • jgit - standalone java app that does git fetch and push to S3. I currently use this one, but it doesn't work with transparent proxy apps such as proxychains. Occasionally I use an old laptop with no wifi or bluetooth, and so want to use a USB-tethered Android G1 for internet access.
  • S3-backed Filesystems

  • gits3 - a git implementation that can push to s3. Pretty new. Is it stable yet?

I'm tempted to try the filesystem options, but I'm concerned about reliability and transparency (I want more visibility into how the S3 ops are going).

1 comment:

  1. If you are on Windows you can use CloudBerry Explorer for Amazon S3. With FTP like client it makes managing files in S3 EASY
    http://cloudberrylab.com/ It supports most of the Amazon S3 and CloudFront features and It is a FREEWARE

    ReplyDelete